Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC ("MBUSA") appreciates your interest in its products and your visit to its Internet site, https://mercedesmarketing.com (the "Website"). Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable visiting our Website. Protecting your privacy in the processing of your personal data is an important concern to which we pay special attention. Therefore, this online privacy statement tells you about the information MBUSA collects through the services available on our Website and how we use that information. By using our services and accessing our Website, you are consenting to the information collection and use practices described in this online privacy statement, as modified from time to time by us. If we decide to change this online privacy statement, we will post a new online privacy statement on our Website and change the date at the top of the online privacy statement. Therefore, we encourage you to check the date of our online privacy statement whenever you visit this Website for any updates or changes. Our online privacy statement complies with the Daimler AG ("DAG") Data Protection Code of Conduct applicable company-wide for Daimler AG, including the MBUSA Code of Conduct, click here.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
You may update, review, or correct your Personal Information at any time online by accessing your password-protected registration page on our Website. You may also E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freedom of Choice. If you do not want your Personal Information to be made available to any third party, please contact us at email@example.com so we can block your data accordingly. Note, however, that certain services and/or functions of our Website may not be available if you elect to block your Personal Information. Further, if, in connection with your use of a particular service, we ask to use your Personal Information in a way not described in this online privacy statement and you do not wish to permit that use, you can choose not to use that particular service. Otherwise, your use of such service will be your consent to the use of your Personal Information in the way described.
E-mail Communication. You will only receive E-mail from MBUSA if you have requested to be on our mailing list. If you are currently on our list and would prefer not to receive further information from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights. Under California's "Shine The Light" law, California residents who provide Personal Information while obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled, once per calendar year, to request and obtain from us information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the previous calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2005 will receive information regarding 2004 sharing activities). To obtain this information on behalf of MBUSA, please e-mail us at email@example.com with "Request for California Privacy Information" in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Our Website is a MBUSA proprietary Website accessible only by approved, authorized individuals. It is not designed nor intended to provide services to or collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18. MBUSA does not knowingly collect or maintain any Personal Information from children under the age of 18. In addition, no part of this Website is designed with the purpose of attracting any person under age 18. To respect the privacy of children and to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, children under the age of 18 should not provide any Personal Information on this Website. We ask that parents supervise their children while online.
IP Address and Click-Stream Data Collection. MBUSA may collect IP addresses and/or click-stream data for market research, for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. Our servers identify your computer by its IP address. When you request web pages from our Website, our servers log your IP address.
Click-stream data is information collected by our servers when you request pages from our Website. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view, and other such Non-Personal Information. When analyzed, this data helps us analyze how visitors arrive at our Website, what type of content is most popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content, and the like.
Security. MBUSA uses commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain Personal Information to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction by any unauthorized party. We encrypt order information, including credit card numbers, using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that our customers' information is safe as it is sent over the Internet to our server.
We exercise reasonable care to protect your Personal Information. This includes storing the Personal Information on our servers behind a secure firewall and ensuring all transmissions to other vendors use secure encryption technology. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. So while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. This is especially true for information you transmit to us via E-mail. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information.
When registering for access to a secure area of our Website, we will ask you to select a Username and Password. We recommend that you do not divulge your Password to anyone. We will never ask you for your Password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited E-mail. Also, remember to sign out of the registered area of our Site and close your browser window when you have finished.
Internally, we will limit access to Personal Information to those persons who need the information to provide products and services to you or maintain or service those products or services. These persons are limited in number and are committed to our privacy and security policies. We will review our security arrangements from time to time, as we deem appropriate.
Privacy Statement Revisions. A revised online privacy statement will only apply to data collected subsequent to its effective date on this version of our Website. Any revisions will be posted at least seven days prior to its effective date.
Information We Collect
We collect several types of information on our Website. Personal information is information that identifies an individual or is directly associated with a specific person, such as a customer's name, mailing address, telephone number, E-mail address, credit card number, or information about activities which can be directly linked to that person, such as his or her purchases ("Personal Information"). Our definition of Personal Information does not include aggregate information. Aggregate information is data about use of our Site, such as pages visited on our Site. Aggregate information helps us understand trends and customer needs so that we can better consider new products and services, and tailor existing products and services to customer desires.
Collection of Personal Information. When you use certain parts of our Website, we collect certain kinds of Personal Information:
- RDA Account Setup. To set up an RDA Account, we ask visitors to provide various kinds of Personal Information including your name, E-mail address, home or business address, and contact phone number. Your information will be forwarded to MBUSA for approval and, once approved, you will be provided a unique Username and Password. The Username and password must be kept confidential and not disclosed or shared with anyone.
- Transactions. We collect Personal Information to fulfill an order you place on our Website. Such information would include name and address, credit card number and expiration date, and billing address.
- Use of Personal Information. Except as disclosed in this statement, we do not sell or disclose information that identifies our visitors personally or makes it possible for other parties to contact them directly without our visitors' consent. We may use, sell, disclose, or otherwise dispose of Personal Information we collect in the following circumstances:
- Purchase Inquiry. We use the information you provide about yourself during Purchase Inquiry to contact you regarding your inquiry. We do not share this information with parties other than with authorized MBUSA personnel.
- Transaction Processing. We may use your Personal Information to create a convenient and easy-to-use shopping process that includes an online "shopping cart" that allows you to track selected products and proceed through purchase. We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order to complete that order. Also, we may share transactional information with entities as is necessary to process credit card payments or other purchasing or delivery systems. We may use your E-mail address to communicate with you or notify you of special offers or programs you might find of interest.
- Response to Inquiries. We use return E-mail addresses to answer the E-mail inquiries we receive. We may also use these E-mail addresses to provide order status and order tracking information, and to respond to queries.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose Personal Information: (a) to conform with the law, respond to claims, or comply with legal process served on MBUSA or DAG (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant, or court order); (b) to enforce or apply our policies or agreements (including to initiate, render, bill, and collect for amounts owed to us); (c) to protect and defend our or our visitor's rights or property, the Website, our employees, visitors, or the public; or (d) if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.